Wednesday 6 June 2007

BIRDS IN THE GARDEN

Although not a pet I just felt that I would make a comment on the birds that frequent my garden at the moment, mainly due to the fact that as I do not have a pet of my own at the moment I have put a bird table out for them with food on it, and that attracts them.
I notice that there are several different types of birds appearing at the moment, sparrows, doves, pigeons, tits, finches, blackbirds and starlings to say the least.
I have been watching them for a few days and a particular blackbird, which is quite unafraid of me, has been bringing the three offspring to the table very regularly. Now I do not not know if it is this is usual with blackbirds but this blackbird does not get on with starlings, all the other birds ok but if there are any starlings about this blackbird chases them away.

No comments: